Bore Drilling QLD
Trusted & Local Bore Drilling Experts
Over the years, we have developed a firm presence in the industry – providing excellent customer service, unparalleled high-quality workmanship and competitive rates. Ingham Drilling is the leading bore drilling company in northern Queensland.
Bore Drilling Contractors Operating Since 1978
Ingham Drilling is comprised of the most experienced drillers in Queensland who will take care of your commercial, rural or industrial water bore drilling needs.
We hold all relevant licences and are qualified to carry out a large array of different works. We are well known in the area for our expertise in the industry, having provided professional bore hole drilling and related works since 1978.
With extensive knowledge of the area, and a trusted crew of expert operators, you can be sure that you are dealing with one of the best drillers and water borers in the state.
Ingham Drilling has a loyal and long-standing customer base, and our business has expanded immensely, in part thanks to positive word of mouth.
Speak with us today for a consultation and quote.
How The Bore Drilling Process Works
We have been assisting clients across the North of Queensland for decades, so we think it is only fair that we help you learn about the processes involved in all of this.
- First of all, a hydrogeological survey is carried out so we have a clear picture of the amount of water available.
- It is vital in determining if the water is of good quality.
- We determine how much the boring will cost in terms of time and money.
- After checking and validating the relevant permissions, we can begin our work.
- We begin with the drilling, followed by the necessary pipework.
- We then test the pump and the water to ensure it is definitely safe to drink. This can all take up to a month, but only because of how meticulous it needs to be.
The benefits of a borehole
What are the advantages of a water borehole?
- It is an investment that will inevitably bear fruit over time.
- The running costs of a water borehole are very low.
- It is much cheaper than water from the mains in the long term. A new borehole can run for a long while, usually for a lifetime if it is comprised of the right materials.
- Our new boreholes are well-constructed, usually with PVC or stainless steel.
With our designs, we make sure that our bores can last as long as they need to. We also ensure that the water enters the bore slowly to prevent any issues with sediment or silt.
Speak with us today for more information.
Frequently asked questions
Q: What actually is a borehole?
A: You would be surprised by how common this question is. Simply put, a borehole is a chamber that has been drilled into the ground. It can be done for several reasons, but chief among them is extracting water.
Q: What size are your bores?
A: This depends on the type of borehole – for residential use, we keep them between 5 and 6 inches. For larger-scale projects (usually irrigation) we use 8-10 inch bores, though other sizes are available if required.
Q: Are you fully accredited?
A: The drill can be noisy, so it is best to tell your neighbours that drilling will be underway. Some waste material will also be produced by the drilling process, which we will endeavour to contain.